Wednesday, July 06, 2005

God is still speaking

I recently had the opportunity to be the pastoral-musician-in-residence for the annual meeting of the New York Conference of the United Church of Christ. It was a fantastic experience, to be involved with a Christian denomination that is so open and progressive -- these are the change-bringers, people! At this meeting, I was privileged to make music side by side with one of my dearest friends, an openly-lesbian woman who is an ordained UCC pastor.

Two days ago, July 4th, 2005, the UCC continued to make me proud by passing a resolution to support "equal marriage rights for couples regardless of gender." Take a moment to read the following two articles about this landmark decision:

1 comment:

Mountain Murphy said...

Jericho!

Your dad is so good at being so with it! YEA for the UCC. I just hope all my friends don't leave the UMC..........but can't blame them if they do!

Mountain Murphy