Thursday, July 21, 2005

Midsummer funk

I've had a large amount of down-time this week, which means I've had way too much time with only my thoughts to keep me company. I've begun to understand that the more empty time I have in my schedule, the harder it is to motivate myself to be productive. What a quandary; MORE free time equals LESS productivity!

Meanwhile, my mind still goes and goes, round this bend and that, ending up in the vast, mysterious wasteland of Paranoia. For example...
  • My roommate's new relationship with his boyfriend has been going extremely well; Paranoia leads me to believe that I will soon be evicted.
  • My doctoral degree work has been on hiatus so far this summer; Paranoia states that I will never finish my DMA.
  • I've begun moving into a nearby church office in order to start a great new job that will help pay my bills; Paranoia reminds me of horrific past experiences working for unhealthy churches and insists that this time will be no different (and, as a bonus, I will never finish my DMA).
Cynical, much? Meanwhile, back in the real world, my roommate has no plans to evict me (I asked), the church job will be great (the pastor agrees), and the completion of my degree will eventually transpire (a few months of rest won't halt the process). Hopefully, I'll snap out of this funk soon; until then, I'm blaming it on the HEAT -- it was friggin' 105 degrees in Denver yesterday! My brain is baking! (And not in the good way...)

2 comments:

JiminyCricket81 said...

I'm sending you a great big hug, my friend...and I wholeheartedly affirm the second set of projections (the happy ones!).

Love you!

Mountain Murphy said...

Funks come and funks go but a good dog is hard to find!

Should you reamin in your paroniod funk I promise that I will come and bite you and then lick your face and your will suddenly be transformed into an even more wonderful person than you already are.

MM