- Wes Magyar (Denver, CO): Of all the paintings I saw, Wes' work was the most stunning, particularly his exciting, somewhat disturbing "The Vow".
- Paul Eshelman (Elizabeth, IL): I love the simple, clean look of Paul's pottery -- this is art that's meant to be in use.
- Allan Teger (Vero Beach, FL): I'm always on the lookout for Allan's FUN Bodyscapes series at each year's Festival -- must be seen to be believed! I especially liked "Cowboy" and "Crane".
- Craig and Charlene Sainsott (Smithville, TX): If I could afford it, I would definitely buy one of their ultra-sleek Space Rings -- gorgeous.
- John Wesley Williams (Renick, WV): His photos don't do justice to the phenomenal woodwork -- some of the most beautiful wood furniture I've ever seen. Plus, John is from Renick, my grandmother's hometown!
Sunday, July 03, 2005
There is no better summer event in Denver than the fantastic Cherry Creek Arts Festival. I will admit, I can't actually afford to buy ANYTHING at the festival, but looking is free and informed compliments seem to be appreciated. Here are some of the artists whose work I enjoyed seeing earlier today...