Friday, September 09, 2005

Coffee thoughts

Ahh... Friday afternoon. So nice to take a break in my local Peaberry's Coffee and browse the web with their free WiFi. So mindless, actually, which is nice.

This week my new job finally began to kick my ass. It's a small church with a small program, but a bit daunting when the ENTIRE program begins all on the same day. Add to the fact that this Sunday is September 11 (a date wrought with meaning), the pastor is out of town until Sunday, a gigantic memorial service replete with family drama takes place tomorrow (good thing watch Six Feet Under, huh?), a trip to the theatre with the youth group tonight (sans youth, I just found out -- go figure!) and my weekend is truly complete. By the way, do any of you know how DIFFICULT it is to get people to agree to be Sunday School teachers?!

On the other hand, it's nice to have work! And income. Money shiny.

2 comments:

Alexa Doebele said...

Sorry the new job's being a drag this week. I *totally* understand - my church has "Rally Day" this Sunday, complete with guest musicians, a dress rehearsal on Saturday morning with said musicians, and a booth which apparently has been left to me to coordinate. SOOOOO looking forward to Sunday being over!

And yes, I *do* know how difficult it is to find Sunday School teachers! :-)

JiminyCricket81 said...

treble_maker & jericho,

Good luck with all the church madness this weekend....I will very much be thinking of you.

Last night, as a final orientation hurrah, our guide purchased a bottle of palinka for us, and we all got to try a couple shots (think really yummy apricot brandy...). I mention this because I think you should both be drinking tomorrow afternoon after all the madness is over, and I so wish I could be providing the palinka! Ah, well, I guess there's always mimosas, seeing as it's Sunday...