Monday, September 05, 2005

Spike & Xander share a meaningful glance

What better way to spend a holiday morning than watching some ever-entertaining episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I had forgotten this hilarious scene from "Beneath You" (the second episode of Season 7, written by Doug Petrie).

Nancy, a minor one-episode BtVS character, tries to comprehend 7 seasons of romantic intrigue on Buffy. (via BtVS Episode Guides and Transcripts)

NANCY: Xander, who is this woman?
XANDER: Anya? She’s… Anya. My ex.
NANCY: Oh.
ANYA: Hey, nobody’s bragging here!
[She gets up and starts to leave but Spike grabs her.]
ANYA: Hey! Hands off the merchandise, Spike. You don’t get to go there
again.
SPIKE: Please… I’ve already forgotten about our little time together.
NANCY: I thought you were Xander’s ex-girlfriend?
ANYA: I am.
NANCY: But you and Spike?
ANYA: Had a thing.
SPIKE: Didn’t last.
NANCY: But weren’t you Buffy’s…
SPIKE: Briefly.
BUFFY: Never serious.
NANCY: Is there anyone here who hasn’t slept together?
[Xander and Spike exchange a look.]

5 comments:

sarah said...

dude. we need to talk slash someday.

Jericho said...

Abso-friggin-lutely. I'm a slash-o-sexual. Really!

sarah said...

ooook, then. you're definitely allowed to read my blog. ;)

JiminyCricket81 said...

I love you guys. I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but it makes me smile, all the way over here.

Ooo, ooo....I wanna see Sarah's blog....even though I don't know about slash....can I still play?

sarah said...

g, i think you would likely appreciate slash quite a bit. and yes, you can certainly see my blog. i will send you guys an e-mail about it shortly.