Thursday, October 13, 2005

Iliff Coming Out worship service

Yesterday I participated in a wonderful chapel service at the Iliff School of Theology, celebrating National Coming Out Day. The GLBT students did a great job of planning a worship service that was both authentic and informative (not an easy task when tackling a controversial social issue). I encourage you to take the time to view the local news coverage of the event from 9News.com -- watch the streaming video and listen especially for the great congregational singing of "You are the Seed" (United Methodist Hymnal #583) and Holly Near's "Singing for Our Lives (Gentle, Angry People)", led by yours truly.

1 comment:

JiminyCricket81 said...

It did me so much good to watch that video. I've been homesick for both the music-making of my dear ones and for the kinds of free discussion and expression that are very much lacking here. Two birds with one stone, Jericho....it's a beauty to behold.

I love you and miss you!