Saturday, October 22, 2005

Wonderful town

I'm back in Denver after spending a few days in Manhattan earlier this week. John was attending a GLBT legal roundtable at Brooklyn Law School, so I tagged along for a little vacation time. I managed to keep John particularly busy when he wasn't involved in the conference -- we were able to hear the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra perform in concert at Carnegie Hall, spend an afternoon at the Modern Museum of Art, and catch the new production of Sweeney Todd (currently in previews -- I'll have much more about the Sweeney experience later!)

I also got to have lunch with Alex, an old friend and superb tenor, living in NYC and making his living as a professional singer. I had a great time catching up with him, hearing about his personal and professional successes. A nice city dweller (yes, they exist!) took this picture of us near my hotel on 3rd Avenue...

No comments: