Tuesday, February 28, 2006

treblemaker!

Last night my friend treblemaker gave a spectacular voice recital at CU-Boulder. Treblemaker is a fellow doctoral student in choral conducting, and a frequent reader of (and commenter on) Jericho's Doghouse. Yummy post-concert reception "good eats" were provided by treb's husband Andy, a bona fide member of the Cult of Alton Brown.

Treblemaker's mom introduced herself to me after the recital at the reception. We had not had the pleasure of meeting before, but treb's mom still seemed to recognize me. She walked right up to me and asked, "Excuse me, but are you one of the Fab Four?"

Several more pictures from treblemaker's recital (with appearances by Andy, Trudi, g-sam, phineas & jericho himself!) can be seen here. Today also happens to be treb's birthday, and yesterday was our dear friend Gabby's birthday -- Many Happy Returns to the birthday twins!

2 comments:

Alexa Doebele said...

Thanks for the shout out and for the pictures! The "strange lady" is the kids' choir director at my church and one of my church choir members. :-) I had showed my mother a picture of the Fab Four in LA, so that's probably how she knew who you were. Thanks for the birthday greetings and for coming to my recital!

g-sam said...

Yes, Treb did rock at her recital! I was so proud!

--Half-birthday twin